Day #229: Planning for the Unplanned.
rafting rahong pangalengan

Day #229: Planning for the Unplanned.

Mornin'!

I've noticed it's the little things in this journey that can so easily trip us up- whether it be a candy jar at the front desk in our office that just keeps calling our name or an "accidental-circumstance" where we find ourselves with a lack of nutritious things to eat in our refridgerators when we are super hungry- we can have all the good intentions in the world but if we don't learn how to navigate through the "little slip up" spots that continually show up in our lives- we will never be successful.

My morning today was a perfect example of this:

At home I always have an abundance of breakfast options to choose from; in fact, I make sure that I do- so if you were to look through my cabinets and fridge you would see my favorite healthy breakfast items: special k vanilla almond cereal with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, stuff to make an egg white breakfast wrap with, and for a special treat- cinnamon crumpets with reduced fat butter. And if my life were to go perfectly the way I plan it to go, I would be able to sit down at my cute little breakfast nook and enjoy my delicious breakfast and coffee while staring out the window.

*Ring* *Ring*- it's reality calling- in the past month that has happened all of maybe...3 times? While it's all good then I am prepared with these healthy items, the fact of the matter is, no matter how hard I try, it's just not realistic for me to get up any earlier than I already am- I have to leave the house every day at 6:30am and I'm lucky to pull myself out of bed any earlier than 5:45 since I'm fighting to get at least 6 1/2 hours of sleep most nights.

So- what's a girl to do?!?!? PLAN for the UNPLANNED. If we simply allow ourselves to only be successful on this journey when everything in our life goes as planned, we are most likely not going to be successful because if your life is anything like mine, nothing every goes as planned!

So here's how it's BEEN going down for me with breakfast almost every day: I make my coffee (1 tablespoon fat free 1/2 n' 1/2 + 1 tablespoon fat free vanilla creamer + 1 splenda) and then either grab a luna bar or fiber one bar and have that for breakfast around 6:30 am, then (you guessed it) come 9:30-10:00 I'm hungry again and I end up doing something really stupid and walking to Breugger's bagels and grabbing a breakfast wrap that I eat stupidly before I had the chance to look up the nutritional info online to see that it had 690 calories!!?!?! Well, that is just not acceptable!

Here's what I'll be doing from here on out:
- Seriously try my hardest to wake up earlier, but if all else fails and I do have even just a quick second I'm gonna whip up something that I can take with me in the car- I cannot wait to try one of these "egg mug" recipes from Hungry girl! Has anyone ever tried making these?

- Research and find some healthy breakfast options that I like and that are convenient for me get where I work- I can promise you, had I known that wrap was 690 calories I wouldn't have eaten it- but that's what you get for eating without doing the research!

Here are a few healthy fast food breakfast options I've found already:

*BRUEGGER'S BAGELS: Egg white and cheese everything bagel (380 cals)
*SUBWAY: Western Egg Sandwhich (285 cals)
*STARBUCKS: Spinach, Roasted Tomato, Egg Wrap (240 cals) I've actually had this before and it was pretty delicious- kind of tasted like pizza!
So there you have it- my plan for the unplanned (and ever increasing) moments of life!

Anyone have any on-the-go breakfast suggestions to share?

rafting rahong pangalengan