Summer = Salad Time!
rafting rahong pangalengan

Summer = Salad Time!


Despite my not so great picture taking skills, I promise you I've been enjoying this delicious salad all week long- yum! When the weather gets warmer (not that it's really all that warm yet here in Pittsburgh- it was 39 degrees this morning at the bus stop! grrr) salad becomes my go-to meal. This is one of my favorite salad concauctions & includes:
  • Romain & Spring Mix
  • Strawberries
  • Aged parmesan & asiago cheese (from Trader Joe's)
  • Caesar flavored almonds
  • Raspberr Gorgonzola Dress (from Trader Joe's aka TJ's)
  • Grilled Chicken Strips (TJ's) 
= 299 Calories!

I intend to maintain having salads for at least one of my meals each day up through the wedding, next week's salad creation will be something I've never tried before- a mediterranean type salad, I'll be sure to share my recipe & how it turns out next week.

Weigh In:

May Goal: Be at 190lbs by May 31st
Last Week's Weigh In: 195lbs
This Week's Weigh In: 191lbs (-4lbs!!!)
A Total Weightloss of: 161lbs!

I attribute this great loss to being meticulous about what I've been eating; I've been tracking daily using myfitnesspal & have been staying at or under a net of 1300 calories daily. I have had zero time to work out lately and when that happens I know that I've got to pay even that much more attention to my nutrition.

Now I'm a Believer:

I had always heard that if you aren't eating enough calories that you won't lose weight. I never really thought there was much validity to that but I now officially believe that to be true. Earlier this month I was working out like a fiend & eating around 1200 calories a day and wasn't seeing the scale budge at all, if anything it was going up and I just didn't understand what was going on- it was discouraging. What I wasn't paying attention to was that if I'm only eating 1200 calories a day and then burning 600 calories working out each day that I'm really only netting 600 which simply isn't enough to keep my body happy, functioning & continuing to give up the excess pounds. I was shooting myself in the foot basically.

In the last week or so I have upped my calorie intake on the days that I'm working out and kept it low on the days I'm not and so far it seems to be working great- only 1lb away from achieving my goal for the month of May! Whoo hoo!

This weekend I'm in the wedding of two of my best friends and I am so excited- I'll be sure to share pics & stuff next week!

Until then, let's keep doing the "impossible!"
rafting rahong pangalengan