Day #96: I Ain't No April Fool!
rafting rahong pangalengan

Day #96: I Ain't No April Fool!

Hi kids!

Whew! I'm finally starting to feel like I've got my groove back- and it feels gooooooood!

Don't believe me? Check me out cheezin :)

Alright so as I shared yesterday, I'm determined to work harder in the month of April than I have any other month- nothing is going to get in my way from doing my VERY best this month!

For April, I've decided to implement some new changes that may not stay permanently, but I'm at least going to give them a try. At this point in my journey I think it's a good idea to shake things up and I'm ready for change! So without further adieu...

My April Goals:

Goal #1: Track food for 1 Month- This has been a goal that has reappeared on my monthly goals at least twice before and that I have yet to reach. I keep going back and forth about whether tracking food is necessary for me, but I've got to be realistic in saying that I know it doesn't HURT me to track so at least for this month, I'm committing to it. I'm not sure that I will be counting calories, but I will at the VERY least right down what I'm eating.
Reward: Arm weights or resistance band.

Goal #2: Put in 4 1/2 hours of cardio each week- Right now I've switched my work out routines from being only treadmill and bike to doing the elliptical and bike- gotta say, I'm still lovin' that elliptical!
Reward: New workout pants!

Goal #3: Weigh no more than 305lbs on April 30th- I was really hoping to get under 300lbs this month but I want to set goals that are realistic too, so I'm thinking losing 9lbs this month is more realistic (yet still super challenging) than trying to lose 15lbs. I'm taking it slow but steady- as long as I get there sooner or later that's all that matters so me!
Reward: New running shoes (*hint hint*)

Goal #4: Try 2 new recipes this month! It's been awhile since I've added anything new to my healthy food repertoire and it's time to add some more variety to my menu. Perhaps I should make sure it includes at least something green? :)
Reward: New yummy food!

Goal #5: Do at least 1 outside & out-of-the box workout this month! Not sure what this will look like yet but I'm thinking volleyball perhaps? I'm ready for some variety and with the beautiful weather we've been having here in PA I have no excuse not to be outside.
Reward: Fun! :)

Goal #6: Successfully learn to eat out in ways that are controlled and healthy. This was by far the biggest downfall that I experienced in the last few weeks but this is not a challenge that will ever just go away so I need to learn how to do this in a way that is practical but doesn't blow all my work!
Reward: Um...losing weight! :)


One final note- lately I feel like I'm constantly trying to play catch up on blogging and on reading the blogs I love and because my life is a bit crazy right now, I'm not able to do either very well. SOOOO, I'm going to be posting every other day and reading/commenting on blogs on the days that I'm not posting. Hopefully this schedule works a little better for me b/c I know that I don't like to read boring/rushed posts which is what I will be putting out if I try and blog every day, but that I also enjoy really reading your blogs and want to make time for that. For my newer readers, if I haven't been able to get around to read your blogs yet, lo siento! I promise that will be happening tomorrow (since I'm posting today!).

So there you have it- I think the reason that I am so determined to make this my best month yet is because this is when I'm tempted to slack the most. I would say that if you feel like you've been tempted to do less than your best than turn that temptation into utter determination to do better than you ever have before.

Let's DO THIS! Here's to a GREAT April!

rafting rahong pangalengan