I ALMOST Quit.
rafting rahong pangalengan

I ALMOST Quit.

Last week I almost gave up running, which would mean my goal/dream of running a 5k would be over.

Why did I almost give up? Because I got scared.

In the moment I would have told you it was because my ankle was hurting or because my body just doesn't like running or because I can't seem to breathe as well as I'd like to (more on that below) but the truth is that it was because I was afraid of failing.

See I'm at the point in my C25K training now where it's not taking uping the running intervals quite as slow, almost every day they are adding a minute onto the time & it's asking me to run for periods of time that I NEVER have and never thought I could.

Yep, I was going to give up. But then, I was reminded of a scripture that I hung onto wayyyyy early in when I still weighed 300+lbs and it turned things around for me:

"ALL things are possible through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
Remembering that I'm not operating out of Tiffany's strength but a strength that is much greater than I'll ever have gave me enough courage to punch my fears in the face & get back on that treadmill again yesterday where I accomplished Week 4 Day 1's run which called for me to run for 4 minutes intervals.

Now I know to most people 4 minutes is nothing but to me, it almost scared me into giving up. But guess what?

It was the best run I've ever had. I don't know what happened/clicked but yesterday I felt like a different runner- shoot, for the first time I actually felt like a runner! I had amazing energy and actually know I could have kept going.

Needless to say, I am so glad that I don't have to fear failure in this journey because my definition of success isn't to be the best at anything other than being the best me I can be & if I do that & am true to the potential that God has placed in me, I can't fail.

I hope that one of you is encouraged by that today.

I mentioned above that I've been having some breathing problems. Long story short I've always felt like my breathing passages just weren't big enough but never thought anything could actually be done about it (short of having a nose job which is definitely not an option I would ever consider) but the problem seemed to be becoming really problematic while running, so I decided to try out the BreatheRight Nasal Strips:


Aren't my bff & I cute with our nasal strips on? haha gotta love her!

Let me tell you, I wear these suckers to bed everynight & while running (until the sweat eventually makes them pop off) & they really have made a world of a difference. I actually went to an ENT doctor this week to see if there was anything going on that was hindering my breathing & he said no but to be completely honest, with my history with doctors, I don't really put a lot of stock in their diagnoses'.

Has anyone else every used these babies while working out? I hear pro football players wear them all the time!

Finally, some STATS:
Previous Weight: 164lbs
Current Weight: 161lbs
Result: -3lbs

My goal for this week's weigh in (which takes place on Sundays), is to lose 1lb, bringing me to 160lbs.

And tomorrow, I plan to demolish Week 4, Day 2's request for me to run 5 miles. Have I ever done that before? No. What do I have to say about that?

BRING. IT.
rafting rahong pangalengan