Day #90: March Goals- A Month in Review...
rafting rahong pangalengan

Day #90: March Goals- A Month in Review...

Hey ya'll!

Man, I seriously feel like March flew by faster than any other month has since I've been on this journey- it's ridiculous!

Lately I've been asking myself what some of the reasons are that have caused me to be successful at losing weight this time and I believe without a doubt that one of the keys to my success has been that I set monthly goals that keep me motivated. Sure, it's good to have an overall goal weight, but for me it will most likely take me longer than 1 year to reach that goal and that's a long time to go without feeling like I've achieved anything. Truthfully, setting short-term goals has been one of the biggest confidence boosters I've had since being on this journey. Needless to say, if you're not setting at least bi-monthly short term goals then I STRONGLY suggest it!

Now I'm gonna take a look at the goals that I set for myself for the month of March to see just how I did! Last month I came up with this little "rating system" to help me not be so "black and white" about everything- check it:
***= Goal Achieved! Gave my BEST!
**= Almost there! Could do better!
*= Um...WTF? Wake Up Call!

On with the show!
March Goals:

#1) Do the elliptical for 25 minutes!
Result: *** Goal Achieved! I have some pretty exciting news...today I actually did the elliptical for 30 minutes!! Seriously- this one thing has been the biggest piece of evidence that has proved to me that I've actually changed and become more fit. I am freaking ecstatic about this :)

#2) Win The Biggest Loser Challenge 2!
Result: ???? I actually won't find out about this until the end of the week but I'll be sure to share the news with ya'll when I find out the results! I am excited to announce though that I have lost 17lbs during this round of the challenge!

#3) Try 2 new veggies!
Result: * WOMP WOMP! Wow- I seriously stunk at eating the veggies this month! Crap. But on brighter note, I have incorporated a serving of fruit into my daily diet which is something that is definitely a huge improvement for me. And maybe I could get an honorable mention for the asparagus that I have frozen up in my freezer right now??? :) lol

#4) Run for 5 minutes straight!

Result: * WOMP WOMP! This actually has nothing to do with me being lazy or unmotivated- the truth is I'm just not at the fitness level yet where I can run for five minutes. In fact, I am almost only able to run for about 45 seconds right now. Running is something that I have a huge aspirations for but I'm trying to be realistic with my body and celebrate the new things that I'm able to do every day that I wasn't able to do before. You can bet your bottom dollar though that it will only be a matter of time before I can run 5 minutes with ease!

#5) Track food 5x's a week for 1 month!

Result: * WOMP WOMP! Alright so, I'm kind of at the place right now where I don't think tracking is a necessity for me. I pretty much eat the same things every day so it's just an added stress that I really don't need to continue to write down the same things over and over again. My plan is that when I come to a plateau, or if my eating starts to become an issue, then I'll start tracking again. It's not that tracking is hard, it's just that I don't feel it's necessary for me at this point in my journey. I'm willing to be wrong, but for now I'm going to stick with what is working!

#6) Weigh no more than 308 on March 31st!

Result: *** Almost There! I actually weighed in today at 309- but I'm not too upset- shoot, I'm only 9lbs away from being under 300! Woot woot!

So there ya have it folks, overall I feel like it was a good month for me fitness wise and a not so great month for me as far as my weekend snacking habits (maybe I'll just track on the weekends...?). Either way, I'm celebrating that I'm still here, still losing weight and going strong!

In the next few days I'll be sharing my goals for April as well as updating my montly measurements!

Hope everyone is having a great week! Thought I'd leave you all with a pic of me and some friends at a local park revitilization this past weekend- fyi: digging up invasive plants is a great workout! :)

Peace ya'll!

rafting rahong pangalengan