Day #62: Crankiness w/ a Silver Lining
rafting rahong pangalengan

Day #62: Crankiness w/ a Silver Lining

I'm stressed.

VERY stressed.

The last week of my life has just felt SO topsy- turvy and for the organized/planning/control freak that I am- that's not a good thing.

I wanted to write about my March goals today (and I've got em set) but for me it's really important to stay extremely honest about what my life is really like on this journey and right now I would be lying if I said I felt like being super positive and chipper- b/c that's just not how I'm feeling.

It would take too long to go into the details but it mainly has to do with my job(s) situations and hopefully it will be all ironed out within the next week. Nothing has gone horribly wrong but I just have some big decisions and possibly disappointments to deal with and I wish that I just knew what the next 2-3 months of my life were going to look like. Egh.

How is this affecting my healthy lifestyle? Well, it isn't. I'm still eating great and exercising but being that my life has been craziness I haven't been able to keep my usual blog schedule which kind of makes everything else in this journey feel a bit... off. I think I'm being a baby and I need to just suck it up- accept that all of this isn't a derailment from my journey but just another part of it. If this healthy lifestyle is going to be a long-term thing (and it is), then I've got to learn to roll with the punches and adapt to new situations. Hah- but does anyone else have problems with this?

I think I just feel frustration out of having gotten into a routine that worked for me and now I'm completely thrown off kilter and I can't even say that the new routine that I'm trying to get used to is even going to stay the same for very long. Ugh.

But in the midst of all this mess there is a definite bright shining silver lining...

I have learned that situations that look like set-backs don't have to be recipes for disaster, but rather opportunities to demonstrate the true commitment and change that I've made to a healthier way of life. Remember the tea bag analogy? This is the time (hot water) when what is truly inside of me comes out.

The silver lining here is:

The old (pre- November) Tiffany would be responding to this situation by feeling compelled to go out to dinner w/ a friend and eat whatever I want, get a venti caramel frapp from Starbucks to comfort me, and allow that viscious cylce of emotional carbo loading to continue on through the weekend.

The new (and forever) Tiffany is responding to this situation by going out to dinner with a friend this evening and will eat a favorite healthy(and yummy) meal that she has already pre-planned, head to the gym to workout for an hour, and then come home to get a good night's rest so that when she has to face whatever tomorrow brings, she is ready and doesn't respond by emotional eating.

(haha and yes I did just refer to myself in the 3rd person :)

So I'm just gonna take a deep breathe and moooooooving forward to my goal- which in case you didn't see on that little ticker thing up there is only 63lbs away!!!! I know that may seem like a lot but it AINT 100!!! :)

Thanks for listening (or reading! lol) guys- it's nice to know that I don't have to be some crazy inspirational post writing machine 24/7- that I can have bad days (ahem-or weeks-cough) and that it's okay.

Love!
rafting rahong pangalengan