Day #46: Looking Forward to the Day...
rafting rahong pangalengan

Day #46: Looking Forward to the Day...

Howdy Kiddos!

Today is my first official day for the I AM WORTH MORE challenge and I am more than ready for a week where I celebrate the changes that I've made and not just the # on my scale. I've got post-its in hand...

and a scale ready to be covered up with post it notes that will reveal my true success' at the end of the week!

If you just became a follower you can learn more about the challenge and chose to join in here; and for those who have already joined, remember- we will be posting our scale pics next Monday :)

Today I could use a bit more focus/motivation so I thought I would share a few things from a little list that I created the day that I began this journey (November 8th). It is basically a list of what we in the blogging community have deemed "non-scale victories" that I would like to achieve at some point in this journey- or at least when I reach my goal weight.

Some of these are not fun to share but they have all come out of a real life experience that I've had that when compiled continue to push me every day. These aren't really REASONS that I am losing weight, they are more PERKS that I am looking forward to enjoying as I become a healthier and smaller person. Like I said, these are all negative and in some cases embaressing situations that I've encountered as an obese person and I simply cannot wait until I'm able to do each of these things:

- Sit in a Starbucks patio chair comfortably. If you have been following me for any amount of time you know that I've been having quite an affair with starbucks for a loonnng time and to put it frankly- it hurts when I sit in their patio chairs. It sucks that I've had to lie many times and tell my friends that "I just don't like sitting outside" when I meet them for coffee and they want to sit outside because I don't feel like leaving with bruises on my thighs. Egh.

- Same song second verse with Olive Garden.

- Wear Shorts. Truthfully, this is probably the thing that bothers me the most. I couldn't even tell you the last time that I've worn a pair of shorts. Really. If I had to guess I would say that I was probably in...6th or 7th grade? That was almost 10 years ago. I think my legs were the first thing that I noticed growing up that looked unattractive because of my weight. I still remember a horrible little boy in 5th grade saying I had tree trunk legs. ha- wow. I'm 23 freaking years old and I should be able to feel comfortable wearing a pair of shorts but up until now I had pretty much just decided to act as if my legs didn't exist- that's easy when you've worn pants every day for the last 10 years. No- I WILL wear shorts one day. I can't even say that I believe that will ever happen but I am SURE gonna find out.

- Ride any roller coaster at an amusement park. The last 4-5 times that I've been to an amusement park were pretty much hell. Being that I lived in Florida (near Orlando) for the past 4 years of my life and Disney World was just a jump, skip, and a hop away my friends and I frequented these parks often. I can't really think of many other instances in which I've been more embarassed then when I would go to sit down on a coaster ride and have to get up in front of everyone because I wouldn't fit. The last few times I've gone with friends I just had to start pretending like I was afraid of the roller coasters so that I wouldn't have to embaress myself again. I will probably bawl my eyes out the first time that I am able to fit with ease into one of those seats that I could have only dreamed about fitting into before.

Whew. Alright that's enough pain for now- lol. It's okay though, remembering these painful things fuels my fire and gives me things to look forward to NEVER having to happen again. I think when I get below the 300 mark (which is only 19lbs away!) I'll try some of these things out (prob not the shorts- I'll save that for the 100lbs gone mark! lol)

Hope you all have a great day and think of me as I miserably trudge through yet another snow storm that is coming our way- I'm hoping to at least get to the gym 3 times this week- fingers crossed :)

rafting rahong pangalengan