Day #28: Can You Picture It?
rafting rahong pangalengan

Day #28: Can You Picture It?

Hello lovelies-

Can you believe that January is almost over? I can- and I'm glad! As a month comes to an end it pushes me harder toward my goal because I know that I only get 12 months to reach my goal- we're down to 11, are you giving it everything you've got?

No seriously- are you giving it EVERYTHING you've got? At the end of each month that is a question I'm asking myself and as of right now I can say that YES, I am giving this everything I have- I am hell bent on losing 100lbs this year and with 78lbs left, I'm on my way. This is something I am having to continually remind myself because my ego is still a little bruised from the less than stellar weigh in on Sunday- I'm over it- but I could def. used a confidence booster, which I'll hopefully be getting when I take my 1 month measurements tomorrow!

Each month I set new goals for myself that both keep me motivated and challenged; sometimes when we just look long-term we can become discouraged because it often takes a significant amount of time to reach those long-term goals- when we set ones that are attainable in a shorter amount of time it gives us the confidence and sense of accomplishment that we need in order to press forward to achieving our ultimate goals. I'll evaluate how I did on my January goals on Feb. 1st but I wanted to share my goals for February with you all! So without further adieu....

Tiff's February Goals!!!


1. Try 3 NEW Veggies.
I have NEVER been much of a veggie eater; my family pretty much only prepared veggies out of a can and even then never made me eat them so the craziest vegetable I ever had eaten was... corn maybe? I have tried a VERY select few vegetables and actually liked even fewer (in fact, I can't think of too many more that I've tried beyond lettuce, corn, broccoli, and brussel sprouts!) Oh wow- it's worse than I thought! Here are some of the veggies that have never touched my lips and I'm willing to at least give a shot: Squash, spinach, cabbage, green beans, edamame, cauliflower, and peas. Any other suggestions? I'm sure I'll be asking for some yummy recipes for these througout the month!


2. Track/Journal Calories for 1 Month.
Counting/Journaling calories is somewhat new for me; in fact, I've only been doing it for a week! But I've come to really love the feeling of knowing (or remembering) exactly what I ate each day and when I haven't had a good week on the scale I can look back and possibly find a few reasons why. I've been able to successfully track for 1 week (which def is an accomplishment for me), and now I'm moving on to bigger and better things! :) Reward- Subscribe to a health/fitness magazine of my choice.


3. Incorporate 1 serving of Fruit into my Daily Eating.
The truth is that I do like fruits; I just haven't ventured out into trying that many. Before my healthy eating days began if I had a choice to spend $2 on a bag of chips or $4-5 on some strawberries or pineapple I was going to choose the chips any day. Even though I eat pretty healthy now a days, fruit is still lacking from my general diet- it is my goal to have at least one serving of fruit a day.


4. Workout at the Gym 5x's a Week for 1 month.
Although I am loving the gym it will definitely be a huge accomplishment for me to go 5x's a week for a month- that is like a whole new Tiffany. My plan is to do at least 1hour of cardio 3x's a week and 30min's the other 2x's. Reward- New workout outfit (never bought one of these before!)


5. Try out EVERY machine in the Gym.
No, this doesn't have anything to do with getting a well-balanced workout. This has to do with the fact that there are some machines in the gym that I wouldn't even THINK about getting on right now out of fear that someone would think I look stupid or have no business being on it. You see, I am finding it addicting to push myself past my limits and as I've writeen about before, I am no longer going to allow fear to cripple me and stop me from doing things- however, saying that is not enough, I've got to continually push myself to do things that are outside of my comfort zone and that I am well, afraid of. Right now there are 2 machines at the gym that I secretly really want to do but just don't have the courage...but you'll have to wait to find out what they are! By the end of Feb, I want to have gotten over this fear and tried EVERY machine that is available! Reward- Conquering Fear.


6. Walk 2 miles in 30 minutes on Mr. T.
Right now I am consistently walking 1.6 miles in 30 minutes- I will be overjoyed when I can complete 2 miles in 30 minutes. Reward- Proving to myself that I can change and improve.


7. Do the elliptical for 15 minutes.
Right now this is a rather lofty goal for me- but I think that with hard work it is attainable. I know that most people might be able to do 30 min on the elliptical no problem, but for me weighting 330lbs right now , 5 minutes is enough to make me want to pass out on the floor.


8. Weigh no more than 315lbs by February 28th.
It was my goal for January to weigh no more than 325lbs on January 31st, we will see if that happens on Sunday- if I do achieve that goal then my next step for February will be to get to 315lbs. I can't lie- that number freaks me out- but it's time to push it! Reward: A pedicure!

So there they are, my goals for February- truthfully, some of these are things that I never would have even attempted a few months back (especially working out 5x's a week) but I'm going to give it all I've got and fight like hell to achieve them.

I wanted to leave you with a picture that I found on the internet the other day while I was searching around on Womens Health Magazine.com- it was super weird but right when this pic came up I thought- that's exactly how I want to look! I know that may not seem like a weird thought to most b/c we see people every day who we would like to look like but I never actually do that probably b/c I just don't even see it as a possibility- that wasn't the case here. So, even though I feel kind of stupid- this is kind of how I would like to look when I'm at goal (maybe even 10lbs or so heavier)...


Truthfully, I'm not even sure if this is even possible for me, but I'm sure gonna find out!

Peace out girl (and boy) scout! ;)

rafting rahong pangalengan