Day #78: Finally!
rafting rahong pangalengan

Day #78: Finally!

You all will never even believe what happened yesterday.

So I know I've filled you all in on the job situation a bit but just to clarify, as of yesterday morning this is where I was:

- Do I stay at the job I've had for 2 weeks that is comfortable, easy, and close but with no promise of advancement, poor pay, and doing something I'm not even the least bit interested in?

Or

- Do I take the job that was being offered to me that is doing something I'm passionate about, that is in an inconvenient location, and was a clerical (lower paying) position than the one that I originally applied for with that company?

To say the least- I had absolutely no idea what to do and I had to make a decision by today. Well, yesterday morning before I headed out the door in the morning I prayed this simple prayer: "God, you know not only what I want in life but what I need. Please make whatever decision I should make blaringly obvious to me so that I can have confidence knowing that I'm doing the right thing."

Well guess the frick what... yesterday a few hours later I received an email from the HR manager of the company that had just offered me the clerical position saying that they had a person resign the day before and wanted to know if I would still be interested in taking the original position that I applied for (and so desperately wanted) and with the salary increase as well!!!!!!!!! Now if that ain't a blaringly obvious sign I don't know what is!?!? It would have been a priceless picture to see my face as I read that email because I wouldn't have guessed in a thousand years that would have happened- so needless to say, I'm thrilled to be stepping into a professional job for the first time in my life that I know that will be both challenging and rewarding.

Thanks for all of your prayers, pieces of advice, and words of encouragement concerning this- it helped! Now I just have to face my last day at my old job today (which will most likely be difficult and awkward) but I have the confidence knowing that I'm heading in the right direction and that is all that matters.

Ok, ok I know this is a weight loss blog and I haven't mentioned a single thing about health or fitness today but I feel like you all have become a part of my life over these last 4 months and I couldn't wait to share this news with you all! But I promise, more weight loss blogging to come- believe me- there's lots to share!

This weekend's weigh in has the potential to be pretty monumental for me- as you know, last week I weighed in at 314 and...

Losing 1lb will mean a a new progress pic!

Losing 2lbs would mean I hit the 40lb mark!

Losing 3+lbs would mean I would be in uncharted territory (aka- in the last 6 years I don't remember weighing any less than 312).

We shall see.... : )
rafting rahong pangalengan