Day #76: Decisions and Depp!
rafting rahong pangalengan

Day #76: Decisions and Depp!

Hey-Hey-Hey!

Today I have so much that I would like to share that I feel like I'm going to burst at the seams!

For starters, I know if I don't just go ahead and get this out of the way then I won't be able to concentrate on what I'd really like to say so here goes- most of you will remember when I lost my job exactly 1 month ago and how things have been pretty stressful with being in limbo between the job I was offered and the job I really want. Well basically what has happened is that I decided to take the job I was offered and have been working there for the past 2 weeks; I didn't know what else to do because the other job really wasn't a sure thing. Well today I finally got the call I was waiting for and found out that I have been offered the other job! However, there are a few catches- it is for a lower position than I was expecting (with room for growth) and is a little lower in price than I thought- but still about $3,000 more a year than I am making now. So now I am stuck with an even more difficult decision: Do I leave the job I have now that is very easy, has extremely nice people, I've already grown accustomed to it, and is closer to my house but hardly uses any of my skills, has literally no room for moving up in the company, and has me at the absolutely minimal amount that I can survive on- or- do I take the job that I can see myself being able to grow into for the next 5 years, makes a bit more money, and is better suited to using my skills but will require me to completely dump the company I've been with for the last 2 weeks (which is actually hard), and to work downtown (which I am NOT looking forward to!) Nothing but QUESTIONS?????? Grrr... do you see my dilemma? Either way, I've got to make a decision by Friday so please pray for me- all I really want is what God wants for me anyways so I'm just going to try and quiet all of these questions and hear from Him.

Whew! Now that that is kind of out of the way I wanted to share something reallllly cool that happened this past weekend that is one of the first great NSV (non-scale-victories) that I've had thus far!

As I've read in many of your blogs, it seems I'm not the only one who has ever found themselves SQUISHED when they go to the movie theatre. My past experiences at the movies have been something like this: When I go to sit down I will either experience the sides of the chairs digging into my hips (if the arm rests don't go up) or I'll have to put both of the armrests up so that I can fit, which is a bit awkward/obvious when your friends need somewhere to put their drink! This has pretty much been my experience for the last 3ish years.

Welllllll this weekend I took one of the girls from our youth group (Mel!) out to see Alice in Wonderland! *Psst- I love me some Johnny Depp!*So I'm guessing you know where this is going...when she and I went to sit down I thought- uh oh, here we go I'm going to be feeling the pressure of the armrests as soon as I plop myself down here- BUT to my suprise, I felt NOTHING pushing into my hips! Now I'm not saying there was TONS of room, but definitely a noticeable difference!

It's funny, the scale can tell us we are losing weight but it's sometimes hard to believe until it translates into our real life- like going down a pant size or being able to do something in comfort that we couldn't do before!

See, don't I look happy??? :)
It's because I WAS! And because the movie was in 3D you know we had to get a pic with our cool glasses on!
I'm so excited that not only does this journey bring weight loss, but all of the little gifts like this that come along with it! Can't wait to figure out what else in my life is going to be so much more enjoyable as I become healthier and healthier.

Alright it's time for me to peace out but I did want to mention that I have a rather *special* post that will be coming soon and I seriously cannot wait to share it with you all!!!

Love yinz (that's pittsburghese for ya!)
rafting rahong pangalengan