Day #55: Spinach & Scrap!
rafting rahong pangalengan

Day #55: Spinach & Scrap!

Howdy-

A while back I shared my very first interaction with making anything w/ Spinach (a spinach dip), and if you remember it turned out awesome and I loved it! I had lots of questions asking for the recipe and for the nutritional info but I didn't keep track the first time so when I decided to make some more last night- I made sure to jot it all down. Again- the deliciousness...The "How to" for Tiffany's Spinach Dip (adapted from the HG version) : (pssst- this makes approximately 6-8 servings)

Mix all of the following ingredients together in this order in over low heat in a medium sauce pan:
- 4oz of fat free cream cheese
- 1 oz. fat free (or soy) milk
- 1/3 cup + 2 teaspoons of fat free mayo
- 1/4 cup of fat free sour cream
- 1 can of water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 10 oz. of spinach (frozen or fresh)
Then throw it in a microwave safe baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes at 325 and VIOLA! All for just around 110 cals per serving (3 tblspoons)!!!

I seriously use this spinach dip for everything- to eat w/ chips, on top of pita or naan bread, as a pizza topping, the possibilities are endless! :) It is seriously so good that I had to have it as my brunch snack today- I paired it w/ Trader Joe's organic white corn chips (120 cals for 14 chips); a delicous snack for 230 cals!
Alright, today I felt like keeping it light and wanted to acknowlege some of the cool awards that I received last week- and one of them was one I hadn't gotten before given to me by one of my fav bloggers, Foodie: The Honest Scrap Award!
As a part of this award I am supposed to share about the following 10 Best Things; here we go!

1) Best Meal Ever- Oh gosh- this is really hard. I would say that it would have to be my favorite meal growing up. One of my earliest childhood memories is how much I loved this meal- I would seriously LICK THE PLATE every time I ate it-hahah oh my. My nan always made "Chicken Cream of Celery Soup"- basically it was just chicken breasts cooked in cream of celery soup but for some reason I just loved it! Who knows how many times I requested that she make that for me- everyone else hated it but I just couldn't get enough!

2) Best Sleep Ever- I honestly don't know that I have an answer to this question! lol Nope- I don't. But I will say that I love the feeling you get when you get to wake up all on your own (aka- being able to sleep in and not being abruptly woken up by the alarm clock) and the sun is shining in the window- that is a great way to wake up :)

3) Best Cup of Coffee- Ahhhh now this I have an answer for! Prior to moving to PA, I had probably never gotten coffee at a gas station in my life- Starbucks kept me plenty happy. However, when I moved here all I kept hearing was about how people loved this gas station called Sheetz- of course I had to try it out and I had to admit their cafe was pretty impressive and cheap- but it is their coffee that is to die for! I have had a LOT of different coffees in my day but this is by far the best.

4) Best Romantic Moment- No comment :) Can I plead the fifth on this one? hee hee

5) Best Childhood Memory Moment- Every summer growing up my Nan would take me for a trip to Disneyland and we would just have a freaking blast together every time. My favorite ride has always been the Pirates of the Carribean and dragging her on the ride where she would inevitably get wet is one of the fondest memories I have.

6) Best Moment of Your Life: This would hands down the be when I asked Christ into my heart- everything changed that day and my life has never been the same. That was almost 9 years ago now and it was the best decision I ever made.

7) Best Moment of Revenge: Oh man... something you must know is that I am a MAJOR prankster. No- seriously- I'm a big deal. hahahaha jk- but my pranking skills definitely did bring me one sweet (and a bit shameful) moment of revenge my senior year of college... after a friend and I had both left our jobs serving at a restaurant b/c of some haneous treatment, we may or may not have ordered hundreds of dollars in take out and never picked it up. Oops.

8) Best Thing Someon Has Done for You: My grandma definitely wins for this one- it really has never been just one thing that she did that was amazing- it's hundreds of things. My parents have never really been on the straight and narrow so they weren't able to support me financially throughout my life. I can't even count how many times my grandma has been there for me both emotionally and financially- I know for a fact that I wouldn't be where I am today without her!

9) Best Thing You Have Ever Done for Someone Else: Well it kind of feels "weird" sharing this lol but for my part time job as an Outreach Director, we do a lot of things for the huge homeless population that is in our community and I have truly developed some genuine friendships with these homeless men. This past Thanksgiving my roomate and I decided to take out 2 of our homeless friends for Thanksgiving dinner and it was such a rewarding experience- I wasn't able to make it home for the holiday's this year and that was tough enough- I can't imagine not having any friends or family to be with on days like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

10) Best Life Changing Moment: So far I would say that was the day I knew I was supposed to move to Pittsburgh (from FL) and help plant a church here. I had really wanted to move to Pittsburgh and played with the idea for over a year but wasn't sure that it was what I was supposed to do; when I was finally able to say yes it was a great feeling and has definitely altered my life's path.

And now I'm supposed to nominate 5 others for the award- please don't feel like you have to do the questions or even mention the award- but I would love to give a shout out to some fantastic bloggers who def. keep it honest... and scrappy :)

Melissa @ Try Try Again: She is kicking some major butt and learning lots along the way- definitly a blogger I love!

Miss Sarahlou: A sweet girl who kicked butt in last weeks "I AM WORTH MORE" Challenge!

Kerri and Katie
@ In college. In shape: These girls are full of energy and always have interesting blog topics!

Nicole @ Letthemeatlettuce: This girl is one to read- she is one of my best bloggy buddies!

Mary @Amerrylife: What a lovely and wise girl this one is- and adventurous too!

Alright, happy Wednesday everyone!

Peace and Love :)
rafting rahong pangalengan