Day #6: TBL Inspiration!
rafting rahong pangalengan

Day #6: TBL Inspiration!

Hey hey hey-

So like most of you, I watched The Biggest Loser last night- how AMAZING is this show? First of all I would just like to ask- was anyone else CRACKING up when the older mom from the orange team was screaming like a psycho at Jillian in the gym?!? I LURRRVED IT! It was like you could see her finally getting fed up with putting herself last and truly wanting to become the person she was meant to be! (fyi- if you haven't noticed yet, I always have to add drama to this kind of stuff! haha)

Truth time: During the final weigh in at the end of the show I actually did find myself getting a little depressed/jealous when I saw some of the women dropping 13-19lbs in one week and it has taken me almost 2 months to lose that much but then I gave myself a good slap in the face and remembered that all that matters is that I've lost 17lbs- not how long it takes me to do it in comparison to someone else. Most of the criticism that I've heard in regards to TBL has to do with the show setting up unrealistic expectations for viewers- but anyone with a brain should be able to see that when you are dedicating 6-7 hours a day in the gym with some of the best trainers in the world every single day you are going to have different results than someone who still has to live the rest of their lives with kids and a job.

The biggest reason that I LOVE TBL is because it pushes me. I have no excuse to not excercise for 30 min- 1 hour when I am watching people who are even bigger than me bike 13 miles and are in the gym 24/7. Seeing that 500lb guy sweating his butt off in the gym doing things he probably didn't think were possible pushes me to see what I can do that maybe I don't think is possible (*cough* the 5K *cough*) :)

You want proof?

Well last night even though I had every intention of walking 3 miles when I got home from work, a recent "squater" has moved in and was watching the t.v. so I couldn't do my walking DVD. I did do about 20 minutes of strength training and just figured that I'll just walk another day this week since I had walked on Monday. THEN I watched TBL and realized that staying up late after everyone else goes to bed (I live with 3 roomates) and getting in some walking is the LEAST I can do- and I did! So there I was at 11:30 at night in a completely dark house with my new BFF Leslie Sansone :) I only did 2 miles instead of 3 but hey- it's better than doing nothing at all!


The proof is in the picture! You may not be able to tell but I was sweating! lol

Another thing that hit me as I watched the show last night was that I am convinced that NONE of those people would have had the results that they did that week if someone wasn't in the gym PUSHING them harder than they thought they could go. I think that is the biggest advantage of being on the show is that you have someone making you do it- most of us (including me) will only push ourselves so far because we don't think we can go any farther- but we can. BUT since I'm not on TBL it looks like I am going to have to be the one pushing MYSELF! This isn't as important to anyone else in my life as it is to me because it's MY body and I can't wait for some magical Jillian fairy to come along and kick me in the butt- I've got to kick my own!

And at any point if we feel like it is impossible to do this on our own at our homes just think of the guy who got sent home and lost 100lbs in 2 months!?! Holy guacamole. Clearly, because of the amount of weight he has to lose it is easier for him but still- just the amount of dedication he showed is what is really inspiring!

What did you all think of last night's show? Any favorites?

Push yourself harder today than you normally would- no one else is going to do it for you!


rafting rahong pangalengan