Day #15: I'm a Hungry Girl
rafting rahong pangalengan

Day #15: I'm a Hungry Girl

I'm sure many of you have heard of the popular website Hungry Girl. If you haven't been over there to check it out yet- do it now! Well...after you finish reading my post of course :) Lisa Lillien, the brains behind the Hungry Girl books and website, has found her newest fan in yours truly.

You see, I have a confession to make... I have absolutely no desire to become a foodie/chef extraordinaire. I know, I know... stone me now.


Calm down masses, calm down- hear me out! When I first started reading some of your blogs a few months ago and began my own journey a little over 2 months ago it seemed that every post I read contained beautiful pics of some crazy fabulous concauction that could put Martha Stewart to shame and I felt... overwhelmed and almost ashamed that the most adventurous thing I have cooked thus far has been chicken salad! hahaha


But you know what I've decided- I don't have to be a master chef nor even have the desire to become one in order to eat healthy and lose weight. Don't get me wrong, of course since I am learning to eat healthy foods that I have never even tried before I'm going to end up learning more about cooking and even try some adventurous stuff now and then- but cooking is just not a passion of mine- that's ok...right? :)


That's why when I picked up the Hungry Girl Cookbook I was so suprised at how I couldn't put it down! And BELIEVE me, I do not have a thing for cookbooks- it seems like every time I pick one up a recipe calls for some crazy herb that sounds like a disease and stuff that you just don't find in normal life. But the Hungry Girl Cookbook was written for people like me! People who don't necessarily have a desire to become the next Rachel Ray but need to learn some new healthy ways to eat some old favorites! It is so great that I actually cannot wait to whip up at least 3 or 4 of her recipes this week- stuff like twice baked potatoes, tacos, tuna melts, and chili- but for under 300 calories!


I hope that I haven't offended any of you foodies out there- I think that your passion for creating beautiful, interesting, and healthy food is amazing (and I wish that I could taste every single thing you make)! But I just want to encourage those of you out there who are like me and really just want to eat healthier and lose weight- you will have to try new foods most likely and it will definitely entail learning to make things in new ways but if you aren't the best cook (or maybe don't care to be) then it's ok! You can still eat healthily and you can still lose weight!


Now just so that I don't dissapoint my dear foodie friends like the master chef TJ- I thought I'de share some of the new things that I will be picking up at the grocery store this weekend that I've never tried before:


- Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges

- Almond Butter

- Veggie burger patties

- Almond Breeze Unsweetened Soy Milk

- Naan Bread

- Brussel Sprouts (a little nervous about these :)


Any more suggestions?


Hopefully you all still love me even though you won't be able to satisfy your visual food cravings here at Project 365- or at least not very often :)


Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!


p.s. As I wrote about on Monday, I have been on an all liquid fast this week and I am OH SO HAPPY to say that I will be eating my first meal in 7 days tomorrow at noon! As I mentioned before this fast was not about losing weight but about refocusing my life to be centered around God and I really just needed clarity on some things and I think that happened this week. As far as weighing in goes- I will weigh myself in the morning just for the fun of knowing how much I actually lost and I'll record it on my blog but I'm not realistically counting it as any weight lost until I weigh in on my next weigh in day (next Sunday). I know that this may mess with (and set back) my weight loss a little and even some of my goals but as important as this is- it isn't the MOST important thing; in fact it shouldn't be the most important thing in anyone's life. So tomorrow I am meeting some other friends who joined in on the fast this week at Olive Garden and I am seriously going to eat whatever I want! I'm guessing that I probably won't get past a few breadsticks and a bowl of salad as my stomach has probably shrunk to the size of a peanut but I'm going to give it all I've got! HAHA- and then come Sunday, it's back to real life where I can eat healthy food and excercise again :)


Peace Out Beauties!
rafting rahong pangalengan