Adios 2010, Hola 2011!
rafting rahong pangalengan

Adios 2010, Hola 2011!

Happy New Year!

I can't believe that 2010 is over- time really does fly by. It seems like a minute ago that I began this blog and was gearing up for everything to come in 2010...and now, it's 2011!

The Holidays were pretty great for me- here's a short recap: I visited my family in Arizona and since I hadn't been home in a year and half it really was amazing to be home. I went home weighing 69 (but I like to say 70) lbs less and it was a great feeling. I hope all of you had a great Holiday Season with your loved ones as well :)

As many of you know my goal in 2010 was to lose 100lbs and while I came up about 30lbs short of that goal I am still very proud of myself. I (like many people), need to learn when to give myself a little "pat on the back" instead of always being so hard on myself all of the time- which is why I'm celebrating that in 2010 I:

- Dropped 10 "points" off of my BMI, going from 50 to 40! Making me only .01 percent from being just plain old OBESE instead of being MORBIDLY OBESE. Dear Lord, I never thought I would be celebrating being OBESE but you've gotta take what you can get I guess, right? lol

- Went from walking being my primary form of exercise to the elliptical trainer being my primary form. Also, starting out being only able to do 10 minutes on the elliptical to now doing 45 minutes with ease.

- Went from eating absolutely whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted (ex: 500 cal Starbucks drinks, entire bags of chips and dip, etc.) to now understanding nutrition and being mindful and in control of what I eat.

- Went from being terrified to step foot in a gym to now having absolutely no issue with it :)

- Went from having to use a seat belt extender on an airplane to now being able to just use the provided, normal seat belt, just like everyone else!

- Went from weighing 352lbs to 283lbs!! For a total loss of 69lbs :)

I surely have a long way to go in 2011 and have some pretty exciting plans in store (to be shared soon!) but I did what I set out to do in 2010... I changed my life forever.

I am proud of what I've accomplished so far- I feel like I've made the major changes in my THINKING that were so needed and now it's just a matter of staying the course, moving forward, and challenging myself to do things I never thought possible! 2015- HERE I COME!

Thought I'd conclude this post with a picture I shared towards the beginning of my blog- it is of me and my cousin Tatum the last time I was home for Christmas in 2008:
And below is a picture of me and my cousin Ashley from when I was visiting them this year for Christmas 2010 (not the best quality but it is all I've got!):


Happy 2011 Ya'll!
rafting rahong pangalengan