Making Nice w/an old Nemesis...
rafting rahong pangalengan

Making Nice w/an old Nemesis...

Everyone has a weakness- right?

Well mine is hands-down, no question, 100%...STARBUCKS.

Seriously- my relationship with Starbucks has been both long and very involved :) The amount of money that I've spent and the amount of pounds that I've gained at the evil hand of this place is probably unthinkable.

Don't believe me?

-During my senior year of highschool my mom would stop and take me to Starbucks at least 3 times a week before school to get my favorite drink: a Venti Caramel Frappuccino.

-During all 4 years of college I probably went to starbucks easily 4 times a week.

Crazy, right?

I'm not trying to get all psych 101 or anything but for me grabbing a drink at Starbucks has always represented freedom, normalcy, and...well fun. And while you may not believe me if I had to go through this journey thinking that I coud never again go to Starbucks I would tell you that I don't think it's possible but I would try and I would end up feeling crazy deprived which would lead me to drive to Starbucks at midnight and get the biggest most caramelly and fattening drink possible. No joke.

So the only logical thing to do was to find a way that I could still hang out with friends over coffee, not feel deprived, and make healthy choices that will help me reach my goal. Well, meet my 2 new bffs:

Hot Drink Bff- Grande Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte
This new friend of mine is only 3ww POINTS and only 130 cals! And I'm even drinking one right now- it's yummy- I wouldn't lie!
(That's a Grande size w/no whip- I promise you won't even miss it! )


Cold BFF- Iced Passion Tea Lemonade


You can enjoy a grande iced passion tea lemonade for only 3 POINTS and 130 cals as well! (Oh and ask for a shot of sugar free raspberry syrup-it makes it that much more amazingly refreshing!)


And as you can find out on the Starbucks Nutrition Website, there are plenty of other options that allow you to indulge without the guilt!

And now....my old favorite:



The old (not so kind) BFF: Venti Caramel Frappuccinno



This sucker put me back (almost every other day) 11 POINTS, 500 Cals, and 16g of fat!


Can you say...WTF? That's 1/3 of the calories that I eat now on most days! For a drink! Ay Dios mio.


So let's drink (hee hee) to finding healthier alternatives to the things we enjoy while still being able to enjoy them!


Happy Friday!


rafting rahong pangalengan