Gooberness & Breakfast Cookies
rafting rahong pangalengan

Gooberness & Breakfast Cookies

I'm serving up a bunch of randomness today because that's about all I got for "yinz" (that's Pittsburghese for "ya'll", which is hick for "you all" in case you were wondering!) 

Couch 2 5K Progress: 

After tomorrow's run I will officially be at the half-way point of my 5K training. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself but I think I may have gotten my first dose of "runners high" the other day...it was nice :) In case you weren't sure what the half way point might consist of, it means I'm running for 5 minutes consistently a couple of times throughout the training which is something I never thought I would be able to do. My goodness I love proving to myself (with God's strength) that nothing is impossible! 

Gym Bathroom Goober Pics: 

After a good workout I can't help but sometimes want to snag a quick pic of my beastliness in the gym bathroom but I can't help feeling like a goober for doing so. But heck, I've been doing it for quite some time now and I've kinda stopped giving a flip: 

Me sneaking a goober pic after yesterday's workout: 
Me still goobering it up a couple years & pounds back. 

Baked Breakfast Cookies: FAIL! 

I eat oatmeal pretty much every morning for breakfast for a couple reasons: 

1) It's YUMMY. My typical combo is: Trader Joe's maple brown sugar quick oats, 1 tbls. of peanut butter & a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond breeze for a total of 295 calories. 
2) It fills me up- especially with the added protein from the peanut butter. I'm usually pretty hungry in the mornings and this does the trick. 

So anyways, I came across this recipe for Baked Breakfast Cookies the other day while browsing the blogosphere & decided to give it a try. And here's what came of it: 



They were simple enough to make and contained ingredients I generally like but unfortunately when it comes to taste, they left quite a bit to be desired. I followed the recipe exactly and while they weren't inedible, they just didn't really taste like much more than blahness. You like that word? 

In the end, I'm going to fall back onto the trusted old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"- I've been enjoying my oatmeal just as I've been making it up to this point and until I stop liking it, I'm gonna stick with what I know. 

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's "sneak peak weigh in" as I'm hoping to hit 160lbs for this week's official weigh in on Sunday...we shall see! 

Peace out girl scouts! 

rafting rahong pangalengan