Day #35: Then and Now: Food
rafting rahong pangalengan

Day #35: Then and Now: Food

Today I thought it would be fun to compare my old way of eating to the way I eat now and see how big of a difference there really is- well, after doing the numbers... I wouldn't say that it was much "fun;" but it was definitely eye opening!

Alright- so let's get to it: We'll start with the way I eat now- here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 Packet of High Fiber Oatmeal, 1 packet Splenda, 1 Tbl Natural Reduced Fat Peanut Butter (Calories- 350) + Creamer in coffee (Calories: 30) Breakfast Total: 380


This is one of my higher calorie breakfasts but at this point I'm having a hard time hitting my calorie target of 1600 a day so for now this still works; I know that eventually I'll need to stick to something lower cal. In this one meal there is 12g of fiber!

Snack #1: 1 1/2 cups of green apples w/ 2 tbls
natural reduced fat peanut butter (Calories: 270)
This has quickly become my favorite snack!




Lunch: This is the only meal I didn't snag a pic of :( Every day this week I will have the same thing for lunch though- Chicken Salad on top of romaine lettuce w/ a string cheese. (Calories- 235)


Pre-Workout Snack:
Peanut Butter Cookie Luna Bar yum!!!


(Calories- 180)




Dinner:

2 white corn mini tortillas, 2 grilled chicken tenders, 2 tbl fat free sour cream, 2 tbl guac, 2 tbl salsa and 1 cup whole grain brown rice. (Calories: 478)
Mexican food is my absolute favorite (partly b/c I have a serious love for guacamole) so I eat it at least 2-3 times per week!

Grand Total of New Way of Eating Calories: 1,543

And now, the old way- I tried to give an accurate depiction of how I was eating right before I started this journey, so here we go:


Breakfast:

For about a month straight this was what I had every morning: McDonald's Sausage McMuffin with egg and a hashbrown. I also would have a large vanilla iced coffee w/ extra cream and sugar for breakfast and then grab another one around lunch time. (Calories: (including lunch time coffee) 1,200).

Holy CRAP! That is almost what I eat in one day!

Lunch:

I work right by a Wendy's and got my favorite meal quite a few times a week: 5pc nuggets, value french fry, cripsy chicken sandwhich, and a large coke and of course I had to dip it all in tons of ranch! (Calories- 1,050!)




Wow.wow.wow.


Dinner:


By the time I got home from work I was exhausted (I wonder why with all the crap I was eating) and I didn't have the energy or "know how" to really cook anything so I settled for a dinner like this on the nights that I didn't eat out:


Totino's frozen pizza (and yes I ate the whole thing- who knew that there was actually 2 servings in the box! lol) and a side of chips with french onion dip! (Calories: 1,270)
Grand Total for 1 day of OLD way of eating: 3,520 calories!!! No freakin wonder I weighed 352lbs!!!
Can you believe that? I was eating an additional 1,977 calories more than I do now!
Wowzer. Once you get into the habit of eating healthier it kind of just becomes second nature and you forget just how big of a change you really have made- at least I did! I definitely needed this little encouragement today- b/c that's exactly how looking at this difference makes me feel- encouraged :)
Isn't it funny that if you had asked me six months ago if I ate unhealthily I probably would have told you... "not really." B/c you always just assume that someone out there is eating 6 hamburgers in one sitting and when you don't look back on all that you have eaten that day (like you do when you are journaling your food) it is easy to forget just how much you really have eaten!
I've changed and I will NEVER go back to eating that way that again; I was killing myself.
If you need some extra encouragement today I suggest you try out this little experiment- it will (hopefully) show you just how much you've changed as well!
p.s. I would just like to thank Kyle for giving me the Getting Better and Better Tip Top Award! Kyle is kicking butt on his own journey and tells it like it is- check him out!
Alright bloggies- keep taking steps forward today b/c together we can do this!
Peace and Love!
rafting rahong pangalengan